Vlad Rad is the latest Warrior casualty. Nellie stated post-game last night that he is shutting Vlad down indefinitely until his achilles tendon heals. So fingers out, everybody. It’s Dallas, scene of the 6-man massacre, so let’s count what we have left.
I’m guessing that Corey Maggette will fight through his hip pointer to play this game. And I’m guessing Monta Ellis will play through the pain that has somehow migrated from his left ankle to his right ankle to his right wrist. (Is it raining in Dallas?) Monta actually had a beautiful performance in Houston last night. It’s nice that Commissioner Stern is taking his time over replacing Chris Paul, isn’t it?
So we have a full squad! The Mavs are -12 home favorites in this game. Huh? How quickly the bookies forget!
I don’t know about that spread, but here are some rock-solid predictions:
- Anthony Tolliver can’t guard Dirk Nowitzki, and may not get the chance.
- Coby Karl can’t guard Dirk Nowitzki either, but will get the chance, perhaps from the opening tip.
- Monta Ellis puts up another all-star audition. The Mavs can’t guard him.
- Maggette v. Marion? Maggette. Marion. Mmmmmmmmaggette. Final answer.
- Curry wakes up. Yes, on the back-to-back. Being guarded by Jason Kidd and Jason Terry will do that to you.
What is it I don’t like about that spread, again?